Chou RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chou RPG Forum

Loveless based Role-Playing-Game

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mangafox Scanlations for Loveless..........?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
silent_angel
Seven Moons Graduate
silent_angel

Mangafox Scanlations for Loveless..........? Empty
PostSubject: Mangafox Scanlations for Loveless..........?   Mangafox Scanlations for Loveless..........? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 10:03 am

So i saw that two new scanlations had been doen for Loveless!
So i clickied into the vol. 10 chapter 3 and then started shouting at the computer.
I flicked through it and got even more annoyed.

I then looked at vol 10. chap 4 and then calmed down.

Im sorry to whom ever did chapter 3, i thank them so much for putting it out and having a go, but honestly, if you cannot translate properly and the whole chapter doesn't even make sense then they should have sent it to a scanlation team like Kamibana who usually scanlates for Loveless.

Volume 10 chapter 3 http://www.mangafox.com/manga/loveless/v10/c003/
Volume 10 chapter 4 http://www.mangafox.com/manga/loveless/v10/c004/

im sure if any one who looks at these two differently done scanlations im sure you would agree the difference in quality.

I really hope i didn't offend any one or come across too mean, but honestly if you want to do some thing do it properly not leaving things half done, or leaving whole sentances in japanese because you don't know what it means.
Back to top Go down
Enrai
Decent Battler
Enrai

PostSubject: Re: Mangafox Scanlations for Loveless..........?   Mangafox Scanlations for Loveless..........? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 5:04 pm

Wow, the translation of chapter three is very... direct. It reads like they just popped it into a translator and didn't bother to proofread it.
Still though hurray for the new chapters
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
silent_angel
Seven Moons Graduate
silent_angel

PostSubject: Re: Mangafox Scanlations for Loveless..........?   Mangafox Scanlations for Loveless..........? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 6:43 am

i know right! i was all excited reading it on my run to america to have ice cream with you guys and i had to kick a puffer fish i was so annoyed. I think ill stop by japan and pick up some zero sums, thats if they let me in the country. i mean who would let a person who is ruinning on water in?
Back to top Go down
La Polvere
Decent Qualifier
La Polvere

PostSubject: Re: Mangafox Scanlations for Loveless..........?   Mangafox Scanlations for Loveless..........? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 9:31 am

Natsuo is my favorite! EEEE~ what cuteness! <3
but i agree with angel, if you are not fluent in a language you shouldn't be a full time translator.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/sayonara.satodango
silent_angel
Seven Moons Graduate
silent_angel

PostSubject: Re: Mangafox Scanlations for Loveless..........?   Mangafox Scanlations for Loveless..........? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 4:12 pm

And if the person did do what enrai suggested - used a translator then its not always right. I mean i thank them for trying i really do. But if you cannot translate properly or just leave huge gaps or just confuse the story line then to be honest its not really worth doing it. Like i said they should have sent it to a scanlation team, some one who knows what they're doing.
Back to top Go down
La Polvere
Decent Qualifier
La Polvere

PostSubject: Re: Mangafox Scanlations for Loveless..........?   Mangafox Scanlations for Loveless..........? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 8:20 am

yeah, but the only team i know scanlating loveless is Kamibana, whose been out of a translator.
the effort was appreciated but in that situation, i'd just release raws.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/sayonara.satodango
silent_angel
Seven Moons Graduate
silent_angel

PostSubject: Re: Mangafox Scanlations for Loveless..........?   Mangafox Scanlations for Loveless..........? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 10:21 am

Really i wonder what happened to their translator?

But surely there are other teams who might do it.
Yeah if i had them id just release them too.
Back to top Go down
Libraria
Decent Battler
Libraria

PostSubject: Re: Mangafox Scanlations for Loveless..........?   Mangafox Scanlations for Loveless..........? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 8:34 pm

It got me really confused. I'm pretty good at Literacy, to that basically means good at English.
Whoever translated it, no offence to them, but they should leave it to someone who is good at Japanese. :/

also: I just found a fighter on MF. x] Her username is lokeygirl.
Back to top Go down
silent_angel
Seven Moons Graduate
silent_angel

PostSubject: Re: Mangafox Scanlations for Loveless..........?   Mangafox Scanlations for Loveless..........? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 1:35 am

Libraria wrote:
It got me really confused. I'm pretty good at Literacy, to that basically means good at English.
Whoever translated it, no offence to them, but they should leave it to someone who is good at Japanese. :/

also: I just found a fighter on MF. x] Her username is lokeygirl.

Compared to the 4th chapter the 3rd chapter is shocking and way to confusing.

OMG congrats!!!!!!!! Is she gunna sign up here? Im so happy for you Lib!
Back to top Go down
Libraria
Decent Battler
Libraria

PostSubject: Re: Mangafox Scanlations for Loveless..........?   Mangafox Scanlations for Loveless..........? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 1:59 am

No, she's not. x] We're not really 'up-to-date' in contacting eachother.

I could barely understand anything. I was so confused as to what they were saying that I almost gave up reading it until a better one is posted. ;/
Back to top Go down
silent_angel
Seven Moons Graduate
silent_angel

PostSubject: Re: Mangafox Scanlations for Loveless..........?   Mangafox Scanlations for Loveless..........? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 2:29 am

oh thats a bummer! It would be nice if she could make it on here!

I had the same reaction, i read the first few pages then flicked through the others to see if it got better. But all that happened was me shouting at the computer.
Back to top Go down
Enrai
Decent Battler
Enrai

PostSubject: Re: Mangafox Scanlations for Loveless..........?   Mangafox Scanlations for Loveless..........? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 3:57 am

Hopefully someone will retranslate that chapter, because even though you could sort of get what was going on... you don't get any of the pot related details.

Oh awesome Lib! That's so great to hear! Very Happy Make her join! We'll drag her into our madness. xD
Back to top Go down
Libraria
Decent Battler
Libraria

PostSubject: Re: Mangafox Scanlations for Loveless..........?   Mangafox Scanlations for Loveless..........? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 9:21 am

I'd feel too sorry for her soul if I did. (you know i'm only joking <: )

I think if Tinte (the group I'm typsetting for) gets any Japanese translators, I'll ask Sumi (the owner) to do Loveless. :/
But right now we only do Manwha.
Back to top Go down
silent_angel
Seven Moons Graduate
silent_angel

PostSubject: Re: Mangafox Scanlations for Loveless..........?   Mangafox Scanlations for Loveless..........? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 4:34 am

haha i remember when chou was first made we had a joke similar to that. I think it was about fresh blood and new victims!
Oh sweet i hope they can!
Back to top Go down
Libraria
Decent Battler
Libraria

PostSubject: Re: Mangafox Scanlations for Loveless..........?   Mangafox Scanlations for Loveless..........? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 11:17 pm

xD I remember hearing one like that.
Good times~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mangafox Scanlations for Loveless..........?   Mangafox Scanlations for Loveless..........? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mangafox Scanlations for Loveless..........?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chou RPG Forum :: General Chat :: Manga/Anime-
Jump to: