Chou RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chou RPG Forum

Loveless based Role-Playing-Game

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time]

Go down 
+5
Michelle Lawler
Timeless
Enrai
Zain
MajoNeko
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Tamiru Ichide
3rd year member
Tamiru Ichide

Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time] - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time]   Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 4:55 am

Tamiru found a table near the window and sat down to look through her pictures. She had gotten some very nice shots and she wanted to see which would be the best to submit.

She ordered a coffee and a cookie from a nearby waitress and was soon lost in thought. The anniversary was comeing up. Hibiki would be gone for a whole year now. She could almost hear his voice when she closed her eyes to stop the tears. She hated feeling like this. She just hated it.

She wiped her eyes and contiuned looking through her pictures.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time]   Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 5:55 pm

Suki sighed. "Nothing is wrong. I just feel a bit sick." She said softly. Its just today marks 6 years since that horrible day... She thought solemnly. She looked out the window and frowned. Today was not her day at all. She usually just spent the day at home and did nothing but watch tv and cry. But today she was sitting across from her Fighter. She ran a hand through her pink hair and sighed once more. She always wandered what it would be like if that night never happened. Maybe the nightmares wouldn't be so bad. Suki looked at her Fighter and smiled weakly. "You avoided my question. What brings you here?" She asked trying to change the subject.
Back to top Go down
Evangi Magdalene
Seven Moons Graduate
Evangi Magdalene

PostSubject: Re: Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time]   Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 7:15 pm

Evangi gently placed the back of her palm against Suki's forehead and held it there for a few seconds before removing it. Her eyes set focued on her sacrifice. "You don't seem to have a fever, if your sick maybe you should go back home and rest for a bit? I'll walk you this time if you like to make sure you make it home ok." She said softly as her eyes wondered around the cafe a bit, she notice it was beginning to get a bit more busier. She was becoming more anxious as more people walked in the front door, each time the tiny bell rang made her heart race a bit more. She leaned back into her chair and stared at her cup for a second trying to focus and not sprinit for the door infront of her sacrifice. She closed her eyes and took two deep breaths and then looked back at Suki, forcing a smile once more. "I knew I wasn't going to sleep nor get anything done at home. My mind was wondering and I really needed some coffee." I felt I did something wrong, so was trying to figure out what it was and try not to upset you again. Evangi placed the empty mug on the plate that now held only crumbs from her toast, and pushed it to the side. She glanced out the window and notice the sun was bright out, She pictured herself laying somewhere just sun bathing and it brough a smirk to her lips. She came back to reality when the young waitrest from before had returned and asked if she needed anything else. "No I am fine, thank you for your services, Suki do you want anything else from here?"
Back to top Go down
http://zhelahnmajin.deviantart.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time]   Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 3:49 am

Suki looked at her now empty hot chocolate and sundae. "Nah." She said softly. She felt distracted for some reason. Suki looked out the window and watched a bird fly to a tree. There are still birds in this kind of weather? She thought giggling. She didn't know why she found it so funny. She looked at Evangi and smiled. "Lets go to the park!" She said excitedly. She felt like running around for some reason. She smiled brightly and began to sing a soft tune in her high soft voice. "I love to sing! Do you?" She asked happily.
Back to top Go down
Evangi Magdalene
Seven Moons Graduate
Evangi Magdalene

PostSubject: Re: Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time]   Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 11:42 am

Evangi jumped a little at Suki's sudden change in atitude and arched her eye brow. A smiled crawled on her lips as she noded "Yes I enjoy singing among other things." She looked towards the waitress and with a warm smile "I think we are done here, I would like the bill please and add anything she had orded to mine, I shall be paying for it." She dug into her bag as she finished that statement, digging around for her wallet. The young waitress noded and with a gentle smile she went off to find Suki's waitress to add the prices together.
Evangi placed her hands on the table, resting on her green army wallet, she didnt understand why Suki mood became lighter but regardless she was glad. "The park you say? There is still a lot of snow out but its pretty bright so I guess its fine. Once we are done here we can go is that fine with you?" She smiled again tilting her head slightly to the side and let out a small giggle as she listened to Suki's singing. " What else do you like to do besides singing Ms. Suki? Oh and here..." She trailed off as she dug out a small piece of paper and pen, she jolted down a few things on there and passed it across the table to Suki. "Thats my cellphone and my email address, if you ever wish to contact me for any reason. My phone is always on me and i almost always answer." Evangi rested her hand back on her wallet, as her fingers trimbled lightly, she wasn't use to being open to someone she barely knew but she knew it was fine since it was her sacrfice and more so She wanted to get out of the cafe, it was mid day and more people were showing up.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time]   Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 9:37 pm

"Thanks!" Suki said smiling. She ripped a piece of a napkin off and wrote her own number and e-mail address. She smiled as she handed it to Evangi. Suki then put the other number in her cell before putting it in her pocket. She hummed briefly and giggled. Suki fiddled with her shirt and looked up. The cafe was getting crowded and she wanted to leave. Suki turned to Evangi and smiled. "Shall we go now?" She said giggling. She took a hair band from her pocket and put her hair up in a high ponytail. She stood up and flattened her wrinkled shirt. Grabbing her jacket, she stood by the table waiting for Evangi. Something caught her eye outside and she watched a bird fly by. She briefly wondered once again why it was here in such cold weather. Suki overheard a conversation between a couple. They said something about it getting even colder. She frowned her light jacket wasn't good in cold weather at all. She sighed and closed her eyes before opening them again.
Back to top Go down
Evangi Magdalene
Seven Moons Graduate
Evangi Magdalene

PostSubject: Re: Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time]   Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 10:00 pm

Evangi nodded slightly as she placed a tip under her coffee cup and walked over to the counter to pay, still holding the piece of napkin with Suki's number and email on it. Evangi put it in her wallet after paying both their bills. She thank the cashier and turned and notice Suki's eyes closed. She watched her for a bit curious at to what the little girl could be thinking.
I wonder what made her mood change all of a sudden, excited to meet me, upset when she saw me in the cafe and now shes in a wonderful mood... Bi poler? Evangi giggled to herself, she didnt mean anything by it, just a simple joke in her head. She came up beside Suki and tapped her shoulder, "Shall we go then, to the park?" Evangi took a glance out the window and then back at herself and Suki "... we might need to stop by at one place though if you dont mind?" Evangi pulled out her tiny black cellphone, with a simple tug at a string that hung out of her pocket and she stared at the time. It was midday already, the sun was out but it seems to be getting colder. "Hmm, I think we have more then enough time, if we leave now" she smiled as she went for the main door, and pulled it open, the little bells ringing again but this time it was saying good bye rather then hello to anyone leaving.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time]   Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:10 pm

Suki opened her eyes and nodded. She watched Evangi pay for the food then go to the door. She pushed through the small crowd to get to Evangi. She ran up to her and smiled. "I have to go to the bathroom real quick. Be right back She said smiling. She skipped to the bathroom and entered it. She walked up to the sink and stared at herself in the mirror. I wonder if Mom noticed I left the house Suki thought as she washed her hands. Suki then walked back into the dining area to join Evangi. She ran up to her and smiled. "I am ready to leave when you are." she said giggling.
Back to top Go down
Evangi Magdalene
Seven Moons Graduate
Evangi Magdalene

PostSubject: Re: Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time]   Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:27 pm

Evangi left the cafe with Suki at her side, She pulled her arms close around her chest and shivered, the cold weither had hit her hard. A shiver ran from her feet, up her back and down her arms. Thought it was bright out, it was still very cold. Evangi turned to see if Suki was cold, she was more concerned about the child then herself. "Ms. Suki, are you cold?" She asked as she rubbed her own shoulders to keep warm. She had wish she had her jacket still, it wasnt much but she knew it might help her sacrfice a bit, Evangi sighed as she had forgotten she left it to a strange redhead she met at the park. I wonder what happened to that girl, I hope she's alright and isn't out in this weither alone. The image of the young redhead playing in the snow with the birds came to mind but the shivers she got from the cold brough her back to the reality.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time]   Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:20 pm

Suki was looked up at Evangi. "I'm fine. Maybe we should go some place else. It is a bit too cold to be out right now" She said as her teeth chattered. Suki wanted to sit around a relax right now. She was cold and had a slight headache. She also wanted to spend time with Evangi. "Evangi-san, where was it that your wanted to go to?" Suki asked softly. Her body shook slightly from the cold and she slid her hands in her pockets in a weak attept to stay warm. Suki sighed and watched her breath puff out in a cloud. Suki giggled and blew air cause another cloud to form. She repeated the action.
Back to top Go down
Evangi Magdalene
Seven Moons Graduate
Evangi Magdalene

PostSubject: Re: Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time]   Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 6:23 pm

[For some reason I thought we had a clothing store of some sort, maybe I'll make one.]
Evangi frowned in disappointment with herself, Suki was freezing and she felt useless. Evangi grabbed Suki by the hand and pulled her back into the cafe. Shivering herself she rubbed her arms to keep warm. "We need to get you warm, I thought I saw a simple clothing shop. Think you can handle a short walk, I don't think its far from here. You need a coat, so I figure we could get one for you, of course now would be the best time seeing thats its really cold." Evangi shivered again, she rubs her hands together and then har arms once more, feeling goose bumps. "Unless you know of a place near by, If you really want to go to the park I recommend we get some winter coats first atleast."

[let me know if you want me to make that shop, I'll do it when i get back from work, Evangi is looking for work regardless. ^_^]
Back to top Go down
Tamiru Ichide
3rd year member
Tamiru Ichide

PostSubject: Re: Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time]   Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 6:33 am

Tamiru had finished looking through her potential photos quickly since she hadn't been able to find many that she could use. She had spent the rest of the time in the cafe looking out the window and watching the people that passed by.

' They all look so normal,' she couldn't help but think. Not that the thought made much sense but alot of her thoughts were like that now a days.

She sighed and looked back down towards her empty coffee cup. She had finished the drink a while ago but had gotten to lost in her thoughts to leave.

She set some money on the table to pay and a small tip for her waitress and left.

[ Tamiru has left City Centre and is going HOME]
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time]   Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 5:34 am

Her eyes scanned the menu, looking from picture to picture, scanning the descriptions as she did what she could to block out the noise from the rest of the customers. As far as food went, she wasn't entirely certain what she felt like eating. However, the first thing she'd done when the waitress brought her the menu was order a cup of Jasmine tea. Unbuttoning her coat, she slipped her arms out of it, letting the winter wear rest on the back of her chair. Ah well...some pork ramen was as good as anything, and it had been a while since she had some simple comfort food.

Adolpha folded up the menu, passing it to the waitress as she gave her the order. As the young woman left, she snuck her book out of her purse, burying herself in the world of make-believe until her food arrived.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time]   Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 5:43 am

When Fera arrived at the city’s downtown area the place was in a transition of sorts. People were heading home from work, and early risers of the place’s night life were just arriving ready to hit the clubs and bars as soon as they opened. Soon the area would completely give way to neon lights and blaring rave music that was increasingly popular these days. Not that long ago Fera wouldn’t have thought twice about joining in on the fun, but now her mind was plagued by depressing thoughts.

As she strolled down the streets with her jacket pulled tightly around her Fera passed by quite a few places to eat, but after peering into them she deemed far too crowded for her current tastes. So she passed them by in search of a more deserted place. Which she found in the form of a small café like she’d originally imagined. The place looked quiet, and inviting all in one. Only a few people occupied the place, which was a definite plus in her eyes. When she opened the door to the place, a cheery bell rang out alerting the workers of a new customer, a few of them glanced up at her and gave small smiles before turning back to their appointed duties leaving Fera to pick out her own table.

She choose the one nestled in the corner, so that she could easily survey the room and still be able to glance out the window and watch people pass by outside should she choose to do so. Before sliding into one of the four chairs around the table, Fera slipped out of her jacket and laid in on the back of one of the chairs before setting down into the chair next to it. It was much to warm in here to wear the heavy winter jacket, the orange t-shirt she was wearing would be fine. The shirt not only completed her look of the secondary triad on the color wheel (with her violet hair, orange shirt, and green eyes she was the perfect example of one) but it also gave off a good view of the tattoo like marking written in elegant script on the inside of her left arm.

At the thought of the mark, Fera realized that it had started itching again. Though it wasn’t like before, this time it was more persistent, urgent even, though she didn’t have the faintest idea as to why. Was it because someone else in the café had a mark, like the red-head from the hospital had? No. It didn’t feel the same, this was different. She glanced over each of the patrons in the café trying to decide which one of them might be the cause of the strange sensation. At first glance none of them looked out of the ordinary, and it wasn’t till she looked over the room a second time did she notice a woman sitting by herself with her nose buried into a book. This particular woman held Fera’s gaze for quiet a few moments, and the sight of her made Fera want to get up and go over to her. As to why this spontaneous urge overcame her Fera didn’t know, and therefore resisted it. She wasn’t just about to waltz over to someone for no better reason than she felt like it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time]   Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 6:55 am

The sound she made was guttural, muttering to herself almost incoherently as she unbuttoned the cuff on her white blouse, rolling the sleeve up as far as she could and sparing a moment to appear horrendously unladylike as she scratched away at her name where it lay, the only bit visible to those around her being the last four letters. “This is ridiculous...absolutely...would you stop pestering me already?! No, I'm sorry...not you.” She felt her face flush a little as she tried to console the waitress, her ramen on the tray in front of her. “I'm in an odd sort of mood. I apologize if I startled you.” The moment gone, but the blasted itch only increasing, she glanced around the room, almost determined to snatch the nearest person, drag them to the closest tattoo parlor and just make a Sacrifice out of them. Maybe that would satisfy whatever her body demanded of her...

“It's about time I found you.” Her eyes focused on the script she saw clearly underneath the bright colored shirt. Adolpha smirked a little, noticing that the name was a tad more legible than her own and wondered what that said about either of them. As her eyes refocused on her Sacrifice's face, she noted the green eyes were regarding her as well, and smiled. Whether the smile was directed at the other woman or towards her own good fortune, not even she knew. More than anything, Adolpha was ready to get this...whatever “this” really was...going. There was only so much work she could get done while trying to claw her arm off. Lifting up a hand, she waved the girl over, hoping that, at the very least, they could be civil with each other.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time]   Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 7:20 am

Fera froze instantly as the blue haired woman glanced up and locked gazes with her. Great, she’d been caught staring at a complete stranger. Quickly she averted her gaze, but not before she saw the woman gesture her over. The first thought that popped into Fera’s head was, what could that woman possibly want? Fera already had her fair share of odd strangers for one day, and she wasn’t sure she could put up with another. Still it would be rude of her to simply ignore the woman. But before she could make a decision, her waitress finally arrived at her table and handed her a menu. As she glanced over the foods the café offered Fera discovered that her previous ravenous hunger had disappeared and most of the foods listed didn’t seem the slightest bit appealing. She had to eat something though, after all she’d come all the way here and was in no hurry to head home. So Fera settled on a simple blueberry muffin with a chai tea latte. With her order placed the waitress moved on to her other tables leaving Fera to turn her attentions back to the mysterious woman though this time she tried to be a bit more discrete in her staring. She still hadn’t made up her mind about whether or not to go over, a part of her screamed she should. But she still didn’t understand the reasoning behind such feelings, so she simply decided to wait a bit and see what the azure haired woman did next.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time]   Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 7:40 am

Well, that was just fabulous. However, she took a moment and analyzed the situation thoroughly. From this position, her name was barely visible. While the itching had subsided considerably, it still nipped at her mind, and her food was getting cold. First thing was first. Adolpha unbuttoned the cuff to her other shirt, rolling up that sleeve and then the other as far as she could. It was a risky move, and she'd done what she could to keep her status in this little game a secret. For any random person, it would appear to just be a tattoo. If another unit came and wanted to start something...well, she may have to take charge of the situation in a more forceful manner. She let out a soft sigh, knowing that this moment had passed.

Snapping her chopsticks, she set on her ramen, eating as quickly as she dared. Of all days to wear her white shirt... Chewing her mouthful, she slipped her book back into her purse, trying to keep an eye on her. Last thing she needed was to spook the girl or start a fuss. As many people as were in this city, it might take forever before they randomly bumped into each other again. She'd wait until they were both done eating. A full stomach made for a happier Adolpha, and a good mood would make this whole affair a lot more tolerable. Sticking her chopsticks through a bit of pork, she sighed a bit, going through any number of phrases, rehearsed or otherwise, to use for this first encounter.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time]   Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 8:04 am

To anyone passing by it would have appeared as if Fera was staring off into space, not really focusing on anything, not truly seeing anything she was looking at. But that was defiantly not the case, most if not all of her attention was spent on carefully analyzing the woman who sat a few tables away from her. Being the master of her own facial expressions that she was, it was nearly impossible to tell this though. From years of experience she’d learned to how to hide behind a carefully crafted mask of indifference, however it wasn’t truly impossible to decipher how she was feeling. For her voice always betrayed her. Not matter how hard she tried to prevent it, her tone always reflected exactly how she felt at any particular moment. Hiding it was simply not a skill she’d been able to achieve.

Her emotions at this particular moment were a tumult of different feelings. There was sadness of course, sprinkled with a bit of resentment and bitterness, then there was this new feeling that made her gravitate to the other woman and that left her feeling confused. Each of these feelings she carefully and meticulously broke down and stored away into the recesses of her mind, for that was just the way she did things. Fera liked to understand things, and contrary to her namesake did like organization to a certain degree. Mostly when it pertained to herself.

Her musings were cut short by the return of her waitress who placed her order neatly on the table in front of her. Fera first reached for the warm latte and used it to warm her hands before lifting it taking a small sip. It was a bit too hot to drink and burned her tongue and the back of her throat causing her to wince slightly, so she blew on it lightly and took another equally small sip before placing it back on the table and turning her attention to the large muffin. Fera’s appetite still hadn’t returned, but she forced herself to tear off a piece of it and eat it one tiny bite at a time. All the while her attentions never strayed from the golden eyed woman for long, and the mark on her arm never ceased to stop its incessant itching and it took all of her self control not to try and scratch it off.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time]   Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 8:44 am

She let the moments drift by, placing her chopsticks delicately on top of the bowl, reflecting over the moment as the waitress came, refilling her cup and removing the empty container. While the warmth of the liquid spread through her body, it was her mind that needed the most soothing. There were those units who grew up and old together, and her parents had been one of those fortunate few. Others had sacrifices forced upon them and some units simply loathed each other. Her eldest sister had been one of the latter, and many a night Adolpha would be awaken in the middle of the night, cursing ringing through the house and doors slamming, jarring her down to her very spirit and putting the smallest seed of fear within.

For there was that bit of fear, and fear was an emotion she neither liked nor accepted. All her life, she had dwelt with a certain sense of security in who she was and what she was to do in life. Her being a Fighter was no more part of her identity than the grades on her report card. Merely a reflection of some aspect of the entity that was Adolpha. But now, as she blatantly stared at this woman, she found herself perturbed at the emotions flitting in and out of her being. No, fear would not do. While her fate had been sealed from the moments the writing, stroke after sloppy stroke, formed on her arm, Adolpha had ever been the master of her mind. More than a little discontent with the rather juvenile manner in which she was dealing with the matter at hand, Adolpha pulled out her wallet and slipped a few coins onto the table to tip the waitress. She would do what she always did whenever fear managed to rear its ugly head within her – she would take as much control of the situation as possible. Bound she may be, but this chain would not rule her emotions or mind.

A deep breath in and a slow exhale. She must watch her words...she must. Neither of them had any real choice in the matter, and Adolpha would not take out her own personal frustrations out on this unsuspecting individual. For all she knew, this bright-eyed, bright-haired woman may be looking forward to this whole affair. Adolpha bit her bottom lip slightly to keep from sighing again, the pressure distracting her mind enough for the moment. In one motion, she stood, pushing her purse back onto her right shoulder and scooping her coat onto the same arm. She picked up her tea cup, refusing to let it go to waste and hoping it would make the words flow a little more smoothly, and walked over to the woman, stretching out her left arm to take hold of the back of the chair next to her, tilting it so that her name caught what lighting it could as she adopted an air somewhere between casual and professional. “May I sit down? I believe that we have a few matters that we should discuss.”
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time]   Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 7:04 pm

Fera quickly settled into a pattern. Take a drink of her latte, take a peak at her mysterious stranger, take a bite of her muffin, and take another peak at the stranger. All the while her arm never ceased its itching, but she stubbornly refused to scratch it. Maybe if she ignored it, it would go away, but its itchiness never relented. And instead it only seemed to get worse to the point where it was nearly impossible to ignore. What was causing all this? Fera didn’t know, but somehow she felt it was related to the woman she’d been paying all her attention too. That seemed to be the most plausible explanation, and was much more appealing than it turning out to be some type of rash.

As time slowly seemed to tick by Fera finished her muffin and took the last sip of her latte. Which was quickly refilled by her waitress soon after. A quick glance at her cell phones clock told her that she’d barely been her half an hour. It had seemed much longer than to her and she still wasn’t ready to go home. No one would be home anyway. Her mother was still in a medically induced sleep, and her dad was probably still slaving away at his new desk job. His time was always divided between work and time at the hospital now a days. Which left Fera on her own most of the time, not that it really bothered her. She was twenty after all plenty old enough to be on her own. But it was still a large transition from the way things used to be. For the past eighteen years the three of them had always been together traveling all over the world, and now they were slowly drifting apart. Feelings of nostalgia filled Fera as she thought about such times, her expression gaining a brooding quality.

She quickly snapped out of her reverie when she heard someone speak to her. She blinked twice, at first confused as she saw her stranger standing at her table. When had she walked over here? But what really caught her attention was the tattoo located on the woman’s inner left arm, one that nearly perfectly matched her own. What did it mean? Green eyes remained focused on the mark for a few moments, then the traveled upward back to the woman’s face. “Sure why not,” she said with a slight frown. Fera disliked being snuck up on, even if it was her own fault for not paying attention. “And you’re right we do.”
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time]   Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 7:24 pm

Setting her purse at the far side of the table, out of the way, but close enough should she need it, Adolpha placed her cup on the table and tossed her coat over the chair next to her, angling her chair just a little so that she was turned away from the room and towards the woman. “I certainly hope that look on your face wasn't entirely directed at me, my dear. If so, we may have a long partnership ahead of us if our beginnings are composed of ill feelings about this whole matter.”

Resting back against the chair, she fished a business card out of her breast pocket with her right hand, the thin cardstock a plain white background with black lettering making out the details of her day job. A delicate dark blue flourish marked the corners of the card, giving it a taste of elegance. Her left arm laid across the back of her chair, her name all but hidden for the moment, as she extended the card to the woman. “My name is Adolpha Maverick. However, as you've already noticed, my true name is Tameless, and by that name I am bound to you as your Fighter. It is good to finally meet you...and not just because this blasted itching will finally cease.” Well...mostly because the blasted itching would finally cease. But she didn't need to know that.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time]   Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 7:56 pm

A hint of a smile tugged at the corners of her lips and dryly she replied, “And if it was?” Of course it wasn’t because of the woman, but instead from the fact that she detested surprises and this certainly qualified as one. Nonetheless the frown disappeared quickly as Fera regained her composure and was replaced by a raising of her eyebrow in question. Partnership? What was she talking about, some business deal? Or something more? So many unanswered questions filled her mind, and left Fera feeling irritated at her lack of knowledge about what was happening to her.

Inclining slightly Fera reached out and plucked the card offered card from the woman. Her green eyes took a few moments to scan it over before flickering back up. Lawyer? What did a lawyer have to do with her a struggling artist trying to find her place in the world? Did this have something to do with her mother’s illness, after all her treatments were expensive and bills tended to pile up now and then. But she was nearly positive that such matters had all been taken care of by the family’s health insurance. It had to be something else, the only question was what that something else was. Her answer came sooner than expected as the woman, Adolpha, spoke again.

Shock flashed across her face, then was quickly replaced by suspicion. That had certainly not been the answer she was expecting, and instantly she was weary. “Fera Evans,” she said as way of introduction before asking the first of her round of questions. “True name? Fighter? What does it all mean?” Fera didn’t even leave time for the woman to respond before she shot out another question, “And what the hell does it have to do with me?”
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time]   Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 9:48 pm

The cup, almost to her lips, halted where it sat in her hands. Adolpha regarded this woman....Fera...for a moment, taking in the words. It was one of the worst scenarios, but not one she had failed to consider. Still, she swallowed the sigh she was about to let slip from her lips and rested the cup back on the table, settling for the warmth of the liquid seeping through the ceramic.

“What does it all mean?” she murmured, the words soft but strong in the midst of the bustle that surrounded them. “Hell, I've been wondering that since the day my name appeared. What it all means, I cannot say, but I can tell you what it does mean and exactly what it has to do with you.” Her eyes flitted from side to side, taking in what she could with her peripheral vision before leaning forward every so slightly. If she knew nothing else, she understood that timing was everything. “Of those who make it past their mother's womb, most simply live out their lives as they see fit. However, there are those of us who are bound to another by ties more intimate than a lover. It is those of us who have true names, names that appear upon our bodies and connect us with our partner. With some exceptions, each partner is made up of one Fighter and one Sacrifice, both working together in an elaborate system of spell battles. For what, no one seems to know...”

Pausing a moment, she finally succeeding in taking a sip from her slowly cooling tea, glancing at the leaves as they resettled. She was uncertain of what she truly felt, but knew it was some emotion between determination, resignation and a whisper of hope. “I can't explain why or how, but I'm sure you can tell the truth of my words. Our name bares witness to that much. You are my Sacrifice, and in this cruel game that is to be played, I will fight while you bare the wounds.” Her voice lowered slightly in tone, taking on a slight cadence and dipping into the powers she'd never truly used but had always known how to tap. “Two halves of one soul that exist under one banner. Our name is our existence, and we can know no other. Branded upon the body, we must choose to submit, for our nature is to deny every chain of the world. We are Tameless.” And she was not surprised at all to find that the itching had completely stopped.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time]   Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 11:00 pm

Fera had abandoned trying to finish her own drink and had at some point pushed it away to the side of the table where it sat untouched till a waitress walked by and picked it up. Her hands idly fingered Adolpha’s business card, she was feeling too restless to sit still. This was a lot for her to process in one sitting, but she tried to do so anyway. Carefully she mulled over Adolpha’s explanation. Her name-her true name- was Tameless, and it was this name that bonded her with Adolpha. The name that appeared on both their bodies was a testament to this. Fera wasn’t sure she liked the idea of being bound to someone she didn’t know, especially since she had no say in the matter.

Then there was the matter of Fighters and Sacrifices. According to Adolpha, she herself was the Sacrifice, while the elder woman was her Fighter. And as the Sacrifice she was to take the damage in place of her Fighter in these things called spell battles. The thought of being wounded made Fera wonder if she would be able to handle such a thing; after thinking it over for a moment she decided that yes she would be able to take it. If her mother could deal with the pain of dying then so would she. That is, should she decide to go along with all of this. After all Adolpha hadn’t exactly said that Fera had to. But what was stopping her from doing so? She knew it wasn’t because she was scared, maybe it was because she knew so little about what Adolpha was saying that made her hesitant. Fera thrived on being in control of her own life, and her ability to understand and comprehend matters that pertained to herself. But in the matter of less than an hour the world she’d created for herself had shifted. She could either ignore all of this and pretend none of it had happened and try to recreate some semblance of normalcy in her life, but could her life ever really be normal again? Her life hadn’t really been normal for nearly two years now, so what was one more change?

Her mother welcomed change with open arms, and rejected the boring mundane of everyday life. At the thought of her mother Fera suddenly made up her mind. She would do it. If only as tribute to the way her mother had lived her life, her mother would want her to tackle this new phase in her life with every fiber of her being and that was exactly what Fera would do. Nothing would deter her now that her mind was made up, perhaps this part of her nature is why the name Tameless was bestowed upon her. One who was untamable, wild, unable to be swayed.

With new steadfast resolve Fera finally spoke up, “I’ll do it,” the words were spoken firmly leaving no room for objection. “But first I have another question,” a wry smile tainted her lips as she paused. “What are these spell battles you were talking about?” Were they like magic casting battles she’d seen on video games? The thought of the professional looking Adolpha doing such a thing was something Fera found slightly amusing.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time]   Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 12:35 am

“A competition of wits, strategy, will and sheer eloquence,” Adolpha responded, nodding at the waitress as she came to refill her cup, ignoring the quirk of her eyebrow at noticing that she'd moved from one table to the next. No matter, let her think what she wanted. “The words of the fighter become truth, affecting the other unit, negating the words spoken and defending against attacks. If you've ever heard of people verbally jousting, well...this is about as real as it ever gets.” She couldn't help but smirk, wondering what her colleague at the office would say to that.

“Seeing as how I've never actually been in a battle myself, I can only speak of what I've heard from others. But it is at once the most exhilarating and terrifying moment of your life, especially...”
Her mind pondered the bond that had formed between her parents. To carry that burden, she'd always admired her mother. Being the only line of defense between suffering and salvation between the one you loved. She prayed that if she should ever face such a situation that she would do so with half the grace of her mother. “At any rate, I'm sure we'll see what the whole deal is about sooner or later. Now that we are whole, in a manner of speaking, our presence can be sensed by other units. My mother always said that the more juvenile units can be a bit rude when initiating a spell battle...” A soft huff came out, Adolpha a little irritated that she'd let it the information about her mother slip. Still, it was no real concern at the end of the day.

A gentle shrug and a soft smile was all she offered as she lifted her cup, finishing off everything but the tea leaves and putting the empty cup back on the table. “I suppose for the sake of being cordial, I should ask if you have any other questions, but there's only so much I know. My understanding is that some go to a school specifically for the purpose of growing together as Fighter and Sacrifice, but I've never been and have never particularly cared. Worst case, we could always go hunt someone else down and see what we can pry from their minds...” And such a tactic would give the term “interrogatory” a whole new meaning. The thought made her laugh a little as she felt herself relax a little more. This whole affair could have gone much worse, and she had learned to count her blessings where she could.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time]   Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time] - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cafe~Cafe [open-all-time]
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next