Chou RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chou RPG Forum

Loveless based Role-Playing-Game

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you reading now?

Go down 
+10
Timeless
Libraria
ikiru-warau-aisuru
La Polvere
Tsukiyoko
MajoNeko
Tamiru Ichide
cute_wolf_chan
Enrai
Zain
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Zain
Well-Known Final Battler
Zain

What are you reading now? Empty
PostSubject: What are you reading now?   What are you reading now? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 1:45 pm

I know we all read other things besides Loveless so I was curious to know what other things are people reading right now? It can be a novel, doujin or even another manga. Share it with the family. Who knows maybe others will read it too and you can start a topic on it.

Currently I am reading a Manga called Addicted to Curry. I will write a review on it later since I just started but it is a really funny series surrounding the many dishes of Curry. I just wasn't expecting recipes to be added to the series. If you have the chance you should check it out.

What are you Reading??
Back to top Go down
Enrai
Decent Battler
Enrai

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading now?   What are you reading now? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 7:50 pm

Right now I am reading Tsubasa, which is currently the only manga I am only reading in book form. I have to wait for the books to come out and it is sort of hard because I believe the series is already over if you go online, but I am staying strong! Next book comes out in 5 days!

Anyways, it's a great series. Any CLAMP fan will really enjoy it because it reuses old characters (With twists!), but even if you are new to the author group it's easy to understand without any background. The worlds are fabulous and like a lot of CLAMP stories nothing is as it first appears.

*Goes to look up Curry*
Back to top Go down
Zain
Well-Known Final Battler
Zain

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading now?   What are you reading now? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 8:07 pm

CLAMP...I haven't read a manga from them in a loooonng time. probably after my Curry series I will read up on that one. I am always looking for something to read. You can find Addicted to Curry at Onemanga.com if Mangafox isn't working again. Hasn't worked for me in the past 2 days. I don't now if it is fixed now or not.

Back to top Go down
cute_wolf_chan
Amature Battler
cute_wolf_chan

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading now?   What are you reading now? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 8:25 pm

i´m curently reading Kuroshitsuji
it´s a great manga and the anime is great too
the second season will come out at the end of the month
and the manga isn´t complet yet the chapters are updated every 30 days
but it´s worth the waiting~ Razz
Back to top Go down
Zain
Well-Known Final Battler
Zain

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading now?   What are you reading now? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 8:32 pm

Interesting a manga/anime series. What is that series about Wolf-chan?? I may read it later on down the line. Maybe I should start a thread on What are you Watching soon if more people are watching something as well. Are you reading it on MangaFox or on something else???

What are you Reading???
Back to top Go down
cute_wolf_chan
Amature Battler
cute_wolf_chan

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading now?   What are you reading now? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 8:39 pm

i´m reading it on mangafox but it´s on onemanga too
it´s about a 13 year old boy who lives in the old england(around 1700century) and his family is being murdered by a bunch of people and when the people capture and torture him he summonds a demon and makes a contract with him
and from that day on the demon is serving him as a butler (because the boy is a lord so it´s natural to have a butler) and when the butler fulfils his wish he get the boys soul
(i hope that wasn´t too confusing)
i think you should read it it´s very good and even though it´s a drama it´s very funny too
Back to top Go down
Zain
Well-Known Final Battler
Zain

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading now?   What are you reading now? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 8:57 pm

Thanks for the explanation. I will definitely place it on my to read list. I hope more mangas come up as well as a good novel. The last good novel series I read was on the game Warhammer.

What are you Reading???
Back to top Go down
Tamiru Ichide
3rd year member
Tamiru Ichide

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading now?   What are you reading now? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 3:49 am

I'm reading a manga called, Beast Master that my cousin recommended. It kinda cute but it's not really my thing, you know.

I'm thinking about starting D. Grayman. Has anyone heard of that one?
Back to top Go down
MajoNeko
Famous Battler
MajoNeko

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading now?   What are you reading now? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 4:26 am

yep, I read that and currently reading some parts again while waiting for new chapter.
Back to top Go down
https://chourpg.rpg-board.net
Zain
Well-Known Final Battler
Zain

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading now?   What are you reading now? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 6:39 am

I haven't heard of either one. How are they so far since you two have read both of them?
Back to top Go down
MajoNeko
Famous Battler
MajoNeko

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading now?   What are you reading now? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 6:33 pm

I love Beast Master. It's short shojo, only 7 chapters. I'm not fan of shojo at all, Motomi Kyousuke is one of those few shojo mangaka I can stand.

As for D.Gray-man it's still ongoing, as for now 190 chpaters, new chapter once a month.
Hmm ... I like it, sometimes get annoyed and stop watching, then start again ...they run around a lot killing ridicuously looking things, and ah-amost-dying ... design of 'demons' is stupid and annoying, as well as some weapons, on top of that at the beginning art is kinda weird.

As many faults I find in it, I still like it.

I'm bad at it, don't ask anymore. If you want to find out just read.
Back to top Go down
Zain
Well-Known Final Battler
Zain

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading now?   What are you reading now? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 9:17 pm

I usually do read them I just wanted your short opinion that was all. Thanks for your input. I was cleaning my computer today and I have a list of Doujins that I have placed on disks and I was adding more to that list. Man I didn't realize that I have almost 6.5 Gbs worth of it. My lord what am I going to do with all of this???

What are you Reading???
Back to top Go down
MajoNeko
Famous Battler
MajoNeko

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading now?   What are you reading now? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 9:40 pm

for things like that / keeping things I don't want to throw but are kinda useless / I have this dying laptop which doesn't switch on if you won't kick it.
lol, I'm using it as big memory card, to have my new laptop clean ...
Back to top Go down
Enrai
Decent Battler
Enrai

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading now?   What are you reading now? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 3:15 am

Tamiru Ichide wrote:
I'm thinking about starting D. Grayman. Has anyone heard of that one?
Yes! It's really good. Smile The mangaka is sick a lot, so the updates aren't as normal as they once were, but since you are starting from the beginning I am sure that wont be a problem.
Back to top Go down
Zain
Well-Known Final Battler
Zain

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading now?   What are you reading now? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 4:22 am

I have to upgrade my current laptop to a better one for all of my gaming purposes. Expensive but it is needed though if I need to continue my gaming and officer duties online.
Back to top Go down
MajoNeko
Famous Battler
MajoNeko

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading now?   What are you reading now? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 4:45 am

mine is good enough for my purposes.

older one ... it's really SO old that it can't even be connected to Internet. And it really can't be used properly, even simple text programs work bad on it. and there is no way to sell something so shity to anyone, so I'm using it as memory card.
------------------------------------
back to manga ... I want them to release D.Gray-man more often. Seriously, those chapters are always ending with some kind of mysterious "to be continued" (which is a good thing) and waiting is so annoying ...

though it's better than One Piece ... new chapter every week, but sometimes chapter is ... 9 pages long :/

Or my beloved Monochrome Factor. I know that thre are about 11 new chapters released but still not translated ... they translate it about once in a month. :/ and those tempting raws are everywhere, but I don't know japanese or chinese, and watching only drawings would be stupid.
Back to top Go down
Tsukiyoko
Decent Semi-Final Battler
Tsukiyoko

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading now?   What are you reading now? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 7:58 am

Oooh you've read Monochrome Factor. I've always want to read that manga but never got around to it.
Is it good?

But man do I hate it when the chapter is only 9 pages long. Although it is some consulation that they release a chapter a week.
Back to top Go down
MajoNeko
Famous Battler
MajoNeko

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading now?   What are you reading now? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 8:02 am

I love Monochrome Factor~ because it tickles my long hared fetish
Back to top Go down
Tsukiyoko
Decent Semi-Final Battler
Tsukiyoko

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading now?   What are you reading now? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 8:49 am

I've read a little about on Wikipedia but I wasn't sure if it was as good as I thought it was.

I think I'll check it out.
Back to top Go down
Zain
Well-Known Final Battler
Zain

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading now?   What are you reading now? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 11:46 am

Nice more books to add to the list. Thanks Majo for sharing your thoughts. I could never get into OnePiece and Naruto. It was one of those that were good when they first started but became boring really quickly.
Back to top Go down
MajoNeko
Famous Battler
MajoNeko

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading now?   What are you reading now? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 10:26 pm

Ah, I still like One Piece very much, mostly because Oda Eiichiro sense of humor is just as I like, stupid and random.
As for Naruto, I got bored with it long time ago, but read out of habit. And there is still sometimes something interesting in it ... though there is a lot too much pathetic, emo scenes.

Kairi Sorano, mangaka of Monochrome Factor, has the cutest drawing style. She makes everyone look cute, even if there is blood everywhere~ and some epic texts ... my favourite was "this takes 'suspicious' to a whole new level ..." when main character first meet other main ...
Back to top Go down
La Polvere
Decent Qualifier
La Polvere

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading now?   What are you reading now? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 11:27 pm

xD i think i'm the only one not reading a manga!
right now i'm actually re-reading It's Not Easy Being Green & Other Things to Consider.
it's a book full of quotes by Jim Henson and all of his creations (mostly Kermit).

o w o i'm a total muppets binge.
i think i've watched the Carol Burnett episode about 4 times in the past
2 days now. classic episode.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/sayonara.satodango
Zain
Well-Known Final Battler
Zain

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading now?   What are you reading now? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 2:52 am

This isn't strictly towards manga it is towards what ever books that you just happen to be reading right now that is all. Thank you for sharing though.
Back to top Go down
Tamiru Ichide
3rd year member
Tamiru Ichide

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading now?   What are you reading now? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 3:01 am

Don't feel bad La. I'm not really reading any manga right now either. At least not anything that wasn't recommeded to me.

I'm currently reading Sir Gawain and the Green Knight and some other poems. I'm a big poetry nut.
Back to top Go down
La Polvere
Decent Qualifier
La Polvere

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading now?   What are you reading now? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 3:05 am

okay, good, i'm not alone.
i felt sort of out of place.
i don't really know any big manga fans, so i find
alot of the stuff myself, but i'm a picky reader.

i could never really get into poetry.
then again, i think after 4 years of 'Analyze the meaning of this poem,
there are no wrong interpretations. . . unless it's the one
Emma came up with' it died for me.

although i do still have my Lewis Carroll collection~
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/sayonara.satodango
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading now?   What are you reading now? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chou RPG Forum :: General Chat :: Manga/Anime-
Jump to: